October 2020 Day 6 - The Balanced Meal - Daily Diet

 HOPE IN ADVERSITY

Image with text - Hope in adversity, image showing depressed person at background, BSI logo and image depicting Joy.

Ps. 71:14, Ps. 42:5,11

Ps 71:14

14 But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more.

KJV

Ps 42:5

5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.

KJV

Ps 42:11

11 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

KJV

Hope according to the English Dictionary is -

  • The belief or expectation that something wished for, can or will happen.
  • (Christianity) the virtuous desire for future good.

Adversity is the state of adverse conditions, state of misfortune, or calamity. That is the state of unfavorable hostile situations and conditions opposing one's interest. (Something contrary to one's welfare.)

How can I have hope when what I see physically is looking against my expectations and desire?

From Ps. 71:14 it says "But I will hope". Vs. 10-13 talks about the physical situation whereby the enemies spoke against him, they were plotting to destroy him. It was almost as if they caught up with him but he lifted up his eyes to Heaven and prayed Vs. 13.

Ps 71:13

13 Let them be confounded and consumed that are adversaries to my soul; let them be covered with reproach and dishonour that seek my hurt.

KJV

After the prayer the physical situations were still pointing to the fact that he had not experienced the change, then he said ("but" I will hope continually). He had an understanding of the scripture from Lam. 3:24-26. 

Lam 3:24-26

24 The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

25 The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.

26 It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.

KJV

The Lord is my "portion" says my soul, therefore I will hope. When God is your portion, that means He is with you. David understood Ps. 23:1-6, that when the Lord is your portion, he will Shepherd you, he will guide and lead you. Even when you walk physically in the valley of the shadow of death, you don't need to fear but hope in him. Why? Because his rod and staff will comfort you and he will make sure that in that very situation harassing you, he will prepare a table of goodies for you in the presence of your enemies, then crown you with glory by anointing your head with oil, so that your cup will run till it overflows. 

Vs. 25 and 26 of Lamentations Chapter 3 says the "Lord is good to those who wait on Him", so it is good to Hope in Him.

HOW TO HOPE IN ADVERSITY

  1. Know the Lord and know that he is good like David. Lam. 3:25
  2. Make the Lord your portion. Give your life to Christ and be born again. Lam. 3:24.
  3. Wait on God to turn the situation, don't help yourself by cutting corners. Lam. 3:25a, 26a.
  4. Pray to God concerning the situation. Ps. 71:12-13.
  5. Change your countenance. Look away from the physical situation and fix your gaze on your expectation. Ps. 42:5.

NOTE:

There is no irreversible case with God and know that there is no temptation that comes your way that is not common to man, but God has made a way of escape. So expect it and you will see it.

CONFESSION

I REFUSE TO SEE YOU THIS SITUATION, YOU ARE NOT BIGGER THAN MY GOD. ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH HIM INCLUDING YOU, SO THEREFORE YOU ARE A WORK OVER IN JESUS NAME.

PRAYER

Father, I thank you because I know that you are in charge, your word cannot fail, this situation will work out for my good in Jesus Name.

PROPHETIC DECLARATION

Every negative experience you are going through becomes a testimony now in Jesus Name.

Please feel free to share your testimony in the comment section below or contact us at dbalancedseriesintl@gmail.com 

Also, don't forget to follow us on our Social Media pages.

FacebookTwitterInstagram

Post a Comment

1 Comments